Forum

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
VOCALOID 2 Anounced at NAMM 2007
Jan 25 2007
08:23
administrator
UK
Admin
Forum Posts: 268

Yamaha asked me to publish the following info on this forum, this information was also announced at the NAMM 2007 show this month (jan 07) …..

[b:mh6vws55]Key Features of VOCALOID2[/b:mh6vws55]
VOCALOID2 is a new version of VOCALOID, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality. Here are key features:

[b:mh6vws55]New GUI[/b:mh6vws55]
VOCALOID Editor (score editing tool) of VOCALOID2 has a cool new look with improved user functionality.

[b:mh6vws55]A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal[/b:mh6vws55]
The synthesis engine of VOCALOID2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal.

[b:mh6vws55]Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument)[/b:mh6vws55]
Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can “sing” using a keyboard.

[b:mh6vws55]New functionalities and improvements[/b:mh6vws55]
Much easier to use functionalities are newly implemented, which reduce workloads in creating your music. Existing functionalities are also improved.

[b:mh6vws55]Note auditioning[/b:mh6vws55]
If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.

[b:mh6vws55]Transparent control track[/b:mh6vws55]
Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once.

[b:mh6vws55]Toggling between Playback and Rendering[/b:mh6vws55]
You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.

[b:mh6vws55]Expression control[/b:mh6vws55]
You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface.

[b:mh6vws55]VOCALOID2 products[/b:mh6vws55]
VOCALOID2 will not be released as a Yamaha product. It will be released as a package of VOCALOID singer libraries developed by third party licensees which includes Yamaha’s software, and will be sold by the licensee. 4 titles will soon be released.

[b:mh6vws55]VOCALOID2 Specifications[/b:mh6vws55]
[b:mh6vws55]Environments[/b:mh6vws55]
[i:mh6vws55]CPU:[/i:mh6vws55] Pentium 4 2GHz / Athlon XP 2000+ or faster (Pentium 4 2.8GHz / Athlon 64 2800+ or faster recommended)
[i:mh6vws55]RAM:[/i:mh6vws55] 512MBor more (1GB or more recommended, 2GB or more recommended in using realtime VSTi)
[i:mh6vws55]HDD:[/i:mh6vws55] Depends on the size of singer library

[b:mh6vws55]Interface[/b:mh6vws55]
VST, ReWire™

[b:mh6vws55]Key features[/b:mh6vws55]
[i:mh6vws55]VOCALOID Editor:[/i:mh6vws55] Piano-roll editor, Note editing / Automatic phonetic conversion / Phonetic editing / Note auditioning, Transparent control track, Toggling between playback/rendering, Expression control, Synchronization with host sequencer through ReWire™
[i:mh6vws55]VOCALOID Playback VSTi:[/i:mh6vws55] Playback sequence created with VOCALOID Editor
[i:mh6vws55]VOCALOID Realtime VSTi:[/i:mh6vws55] Keyboard performance with lyrics input in advance, 4 polyphonic

[url:mh6vws55]http://vocaloid-user.net/images/Vocaloid2Screenshot.gif[/url:mh6vws55]
[url:mh6vws55]http://vocaloid-user.net/images/Vocaloid2Screenshot2.gif[/url:mh6vws55]

Feb 2 2007
09:53
truepegasus
Members
Forum Posts: 34

When can I have it.
When can I have it.
When can I have it.
When can I have it.
When can I have it.

Pictures look cool.

It seems you can now more easily see which icon is clicked.
The light/dard grey of v 1.2 is poor.

Still no release date?

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 108

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

gray: 304

robotarchie: 223

andromeda: 188